the heater only works while the car is in motion, but as soon as I stop at a red light or whatever, it starts blowing cold air. ?????
Nissan Q&AAsk Your Question
2005 Nissan Altima Question: heater not working
Answer #1Bret Bodas October 27, 2009, 13:35Master
There is a technical service bulletin (TSB) from Nissan regarding this issue. It involves a thorough diagnostic procedure that needs to be followed to help determine the cause of this issue. Here is some of the info below. I would take this to the dealer or a good shop that has access to this TSB and have them check out your car.
Bulletin# NTB02-047c Reference: Date: March 7, 2007
2002 – 2006 ALTIMA; POOR HEATER PERFORMANCE
Air from the heater on an Applied Vehicle:
• Takes a long time to warm up after an engine cold start, or
• Output air cools down and is not warm enough while the engine is at idle, or
• Output air is not warm enough at any engine speed
Refer to the DIAGNOSTIC FLOWCHART to determine the course of repair. That course may include all or some of the following:
• Coolant Mixture Inspection procedure
• Coolant Mixture Correction procedure
• Cooling System Bleed Procedure
Visitor, February 25, 2010, 11:03
i had the same problem and it was easily fixed. it seems that the antifreeze/ water ratio must be what the car recommends. I had to much anti freeze. my uncle took some out put some water and the heater started working properly.