The heater hoses provide a flexible connection for coolant flow between the engine and the heater core.
Symptoms of Wear or Failure
- Coolant leak if hose cracks
- Little or no heat from heater
Related Repair Advice
- Since they're likely the same age and in similar condition as the hose being replaced, you might want to consider replacing the heater hoses when any coolant hose is replaced
- We recommend replacing the hose clamps, as the clamps will weaken over time and new clamps will help prevent coolant leaks
- Coolant hoses can be damaged by oil leaks. The issue should be addressed in order to avoid damaging the new hoses.
- During replacement of the heater hoses, the heater control valve should also be replaced (if equipped)