My problem is that the control knob that changes the direction of where the air flow is directed does not work. All of the heat or air condioning is directed from the dash vents, so you are constanly being blasted with hot air in your face and your feet freeze! Also in bad weather I have problems keeping the windshield clean because I do not have the full force of the defroster on the windshield. Is this a big job or is it a simple thing to repair I just spent $750.00 on a new fuel pump so I really can not go into a big expense. thank you Michelle F.
Heater Controls on 2000 Chevrolet Blazer
BEST ANSWER by Bret Bodas ,
January 28, 2009
Michelle, from the info I have, it looks like the vents are controlled by a vacuum controller. It's possible that the controller has failed, or there is a vacuum leak. Do you hear a hissing noise from the dash area when the engine is running?
Verified for the Chevrolet Blazer3 reports
2 answersSeptember 09, 2014
1 answerAugust 28, 2010
1 answerDecember 10, 2013
1 answerApril 19, 2011
This week's top 10
Recent Chevrolet Blazer Questions
- 1993 chevy k1500 blazer 5.7 auto. Truck shuts off when it reaches running temp
- 83 K5 washer stays on all the time when wiper on. Switch&motor already replaced?
- Running ruff, put in park steering wheel locked and key won't turn at all
- New dist cap and button gas in breather don't help Getz fire,gas hard2start@time
- What would cause a random miss at idle only at normal temp when AC comp is on?
2000 Chevrolet Blazer Estimates
- Brake Pad Replacement ($194 - 260) in Danville, IA
- Headlamp Bulb Replacement ($60 - 82) in Cimarron, NM
- Ball Joint Replacement - Upper ($208 - 375) in Lothian, MD
- Radiator Replacement ($509 - 788) in Livermore, IA
- Horn Replacement ($110 - 121) in Crookston, MN
- HVAC Blend Door Actuator Replacement ($98 - 120) in Hazen, AR