Hi, my regular shop diagnosed a fan issue - the heater blower motor assembly needs replacement as the shaft is bent. Should this cost about $900? Their est. included a new VW part - is a cheaper aftermarket assembly a bad idea? Their labor est. is many hours - is this correct? If this is really a complicated job, should I consider taking it to a dealer(closest is serveral hours away!)? Thanks, JRP
heater blower motor replacement on 2001 Volkswagen EuroVan
Asked by for the 2001 Volkswagen EuroVan
This week's top 10
Recent Volkswagen EuroVan Questions
- 1997 vw eurovan abs light on
- why do I not have get up and go when I put the gas pedal all the way down
- Is this the same engine 2.5L as the 2.5L in the Rialta?
- Driving along all of a sudden , car not in gear, I give it has , no power .
- On hot days the engine will barely come back on after stopping for gas.
2001 Volkswagen EuroVan Estimates
- Mass Airflow Sensor Replacement ($198 - $349) in Saint Helens, OR
- Clutch Master Cylinder Replacement ($314 - $469) in Cathedral City, CA
- Oxygen Sensor Replacement ($303 - $406) in Tennyson, TX
- Brake Fluid Replacement/Flush ($104 - $143) in Palisades, NY
- Stabilizer Bushing Replacement ($82 - $102) in Newport, ME
- Horn Replacement ($171 - $181) in Valley, AL