When I turn my heater on... It stays hot all the time... I try and manage the temp but it stays hot all the time... I have to turn it on then off til it gets cold, then on again... help!
HEATER 1997 Explorer on 1997 Ford Explorer
MOST POPULAR ANSWER by munkyrench ,
February 22, 2009
The heater valve may be defective or the vacuum supply to it is affected in some way. You can check, or have someone check the vacuum supply to the valve when the heat is turned off, and make sure the hoses are OK too.
3 answersDecember 30, 2009
1 answerSeptember 12, 2014
5 answersFebruary 13, 2009
Verified for the Ford Explorer349 reports
3 answersNovember 25, 2009
This week's top 10
Recent Ford Explorer Questions
- How much does it cost to replace harmonic balance on 1999 Buick century custom
- what is the cost to repair all the timing belts in vehicle?
- how do I fix the windshield wipers that don't work
- the motor dies when I put the unit in drive
- Has there been replacement of the PT unit I am having grinding grunting noise
1997 Ford Explorer Estimates
- Steering Gearbox Replacement ($428 - 511) in Lehigh, IA
- Water Pump Replacement ($309 - 441) in Enderlin, ND
- Ignition Wire Set Replacement ($103 - 193) in Brownsville, MN
- Door Window Regulator Replacement ($206 - 303) in Saulsbury, TN
- Engine Leak Inspection ($88 - 111) in Van Horne, IA
- Window Switch Replacement ($99 - 244) in Refugio, TX