2001 Mazda B2300 Q&A

2001 Mazda B2300 Question: heat problems

My 2001 mazda b2300 is only blowing cold air. The thermostat does not come off cold, even after I've been driving for a while. Generally to my understanding you can replace the thermostat for about $5, but mazda only sells the entire housing for about $150. About a month ago I kicked on the heat, which was blowing warm air but there was a clicking noise coming through the vents. The clicking stopped along with my warm air. Please help! There is plenty of antifreeze and it has no problem actually blowing air out, just not hot air. -
Your clicking is actually an indication of a temperature blend door motor problem in the dash. You may or may not have a thermostat issue, but the temperature blend door issue is probably your real current cause... -
Comment 1
Even though it only clicked that one time? It never has since but the guage stays on cold.... -
Comment 2
Yes. The clicking is an indication of a stripped motor. It probably is totally stripped out now, not causing any further noise. -
Our AC doesnt work.. Now even if the controls are off to everything when you are going down the road there is really really hot air comming from all vents including defrosters and floor.. I need HE...
My truck currently does not have heat, but the air conditioner works just fine. My thermostat will rise in the summer time with the air conditioner running, but when it is switched to hot air, the ...
A few weeks ago, my truck broke down. I thought it had jumped time, but it was the timing belt and waterpump that needed replaced. At the same time, I had a new thermostat put in and a oil change/...
Had the alternator replaced, now I need a smog and its not ready
i have a 1996 mazda 2300, it was making a sqealing noise when first cranked up and if i turned the heat or air on it would worsen, but after it got warm it would stop. Now it will not keep a charge.