I stopped driving it so I can assess & avoid blowing the gasket. Exhaust is not smoky white but would like to find out how to pinpoint if its dripping oil onto the exhaust manifold & how to rule out if it could be the distributor. Just got the car a few months ago with 88k mi & am tired of Places trying to rip me off cause im a girl!! Im not too savvy about cars but im smart & can learn how it all works even though i dont care 2 get my hands dirty or break a nail, lol! I just want to avoid damaging the internal combustion system and protect my investment with preventative maintainence. That said, is replacing the valve cover gasket with a valve cover set a good idea for starters? Thank you in advance 4 helping me
Head gasket leaking? Smell burnt oil no smoke & see residue on valve cover seal. on 1999 Acura TL
This week's top 10
Recent Acura TL Questions
- Has anyone had problems with the cylinders misfiring coil problems
- From 0 to 30mph there is a rumble strip like feel.
- cost to replace dashboard lights - all lights are out
- I am having problem turning on the car, light is turning on on abs system ,
- Is the serpentine belt something common that tends to go at this cars age?