I own a 1986 BMW 524td turbo diesel that needs a head gaskt. The local machine shop said that the head has a .010 warp. I am not a fan of machined heads. Can I use a three notch head gaskt instead of the stock two notch thinking that the thicker gskt will absorb the warp? I am a 1950's motor head and remember spray painting a new head gaskt before installing it because of the same problem. Will this trick work here? I would appreciate hearing from you. Thanks, LR.
head gasket on 1990 BMW 525i
Asked by Visitor for the 1990 BMW 525i
1 answerOctober 06, 2009
1 answerApril 21, 2011
1 answerApril 21, 2010
2 answersFebruary 23, 2011
1 answerApril 13, 2011
This week's top 10
Recent BMW 525i Questions
- my ride control light is on and when I hit bumps any one now what I will spend
- My blinkers don't work , my flashers do "..how can I fix?
- Loss of power on the instrument panel.
- My mileage is not lit up on dash, what could be the issue
- Can't turn key in ignition. No, it's not because the wheel is locked.