I'm in the process of looking for a honest and dependable repair shop for repair on a blown head gasket for a 1.7L HONDA ENGINE. Any tips or advice for finding such a shop? Also I'm thinking about doing the job myself. Experience? I'm a millwright by trade on turbines and compressors, but not autos. Is there a site where I could get free info on tackling this job? not trying to be a cheapskate, but been unemployed for 2 months and things are a little tight.
head gasket on 2004 Honda Civic
Verified for the Honda Civic15 reports
Verified for the Honda Civic16 reports
Reported by fixerupper 150 and 1 other for the Honda Civic2 reports
2 answersSeptember 09, 2010
1 answerJanuary 19, 2011
This week's top 10
Recent Honda Civic Questions
- what causes my 2001 Honda civic stall and squeal when I turn on the A/C or heat
- How do I get the MAP sensor off? It looks like it's held on by rivets, not screw
- Engine light came on got the code to replace air control valve .
- Why does my car start sometimes?
- I have a dead gas pedal. I get nothing when I press pedal. Something fell off.
2004 Honda Civic Estimates
- Engine Oil Light Diagnosis ($88 - 111) in Kualapuu, HI
- Brake Master Cylinder Replacement ($266 - 385) in Chatsworth, NJ
- 135,000 Mile Service ($123 - 185) in Brimhall, NM
- 82,500 Mile Service ($97 - 149) in Old Ocean, TX
- Steering Knuckle Replacement ($480 - 573) in West Suffield, CT
- Emergency Brake Cable Replacement ($63 - 79) in Wake, VA