My vehicle originally would not shift into reverse or fifth gear, just would not engage. Took it to the dealer i bought it and they lubed it and it worked for a few days. Then all of a sudden when I left my driverway and shifted into what i thought was first I stalled. I restarted the car and when I shifted into what i thought was first it was very loose. The shifter can freely move across the entire upper part where first and fifth should be and same on the bottom, i can shift into fourth but no second. Reverse will also not work. So now I was stuck going to work driving in third and fourth gear only. Any help on what this might be would be appreciated as I do not trust the dealer i took it to and according to my warranty I have to give them the option to fix it before it will be covered.
having a problem with my manual transmission on 2009 Volkswagen Jetta
1 answerOctober 13, 2009
2 answersJanuary 15, 2014
1 answerOctober 01, 2010
2 answersMay 19, 2015
1 answerOctober 05, 2012
This week's top 10
Recent Volkswagen Jetta Questions
- What is the root of the problem that can be causing all of this?
- Having trouble shifting into 1st gear, manual transmission.
- Diesel engine won't start after replacing cracked oil pan and pressure switch?
- car dies while driving and sometimes won't start. good fuel pump and filter
- Where is the output speed sensor located? Is it under the battery?