My vehicle originally would not shift into reverse or fifth gear, just would not engage. Took it to the dealer i bought it and they lubed it and it worked for a few days. Then all of a sudden when I left my driverway and shifted into what i thought was first I stalled. I restarted the car and when I shifted into what i thought was first it was very loose. The shifter can freely move across the entire upper part where first and fifth should be and same on the bottom, i can shift into fourth but no second. Reverse will also not work. So now I was stuck going to work driving in third and fourth gear only. Any help on what this might be would be appreciated as I do not trust the dealer i took it to and according to my warranty I have to give them the option to fix it before it will be covered.
having a problem with my manual transmission on 2009 Volkswagen Jetta
2 answersJanuary 15, 2014
1 answerOctober 01, 2010
1 answerOctober 13, 2009
1 answerOctober 05, 2012
This week's top 10
Recent Volkswagen Jetta Questions
- Trunk will not open with key or switch. can I open it from inside the trunk?
- Whats makes it not shift out of park
- EPC Light Comes on when Headlights turned on, break lights also stay on
- Would a timing belt needing to be replaced cause my 2002vw jetta not to start
- Shifting problems. Automatic transmission.
2009 Volkswagen Jetta Estimates
- Radiator Fan Motor Replacement ($380 - 438) in Casnovia, MI
- Oil Leak Diagnosis ($88 - 111) in Pahokee, FL
- Clutch Slave Cylinder Replacement ($241 - 288) in Truxton, MO
- Exhaust Manifold Replacement ($743 - 1,088) in Goleta, CA
- Battery Cable Replacement ($158 - 177) in Douglasville, GA
- Suspension Control Arm Replacement ($831 - 945) in Sandston, VA