My vehicle originally would not shift into reverse or fifth gear, just would not engage. Took it to the dealer i bought it and they lubed it and it worked for a few days. Then all of a sudden when I left my driverway and shifted into what i thought was first I stalled. I restarted the car and when I shifted into what i thought was first it was very loose. The shifter can freely move across the entire upper part where first and fifth should be and same on the bottom, i can shift into fourth but no second. Reverse will also not work. So now I was stuck going to work driving in third and fourth gear only. Any help on what this might be would be appreciated as I do not trust the dealer i took it to and according to my warranty I have to give them the option to fix it before it will be covered.
having a problem with my manual transmission on 2009 Volkswagen Jetta
1 answerOctober 13, 2009
1 answerOctober 01, 2010
2 answersJanuary 15, 2014
1 answerOctober 05, 2012
This week's top 10
Recent Volkswagen Jetta Questions
- My car sometime shaking and sometime when I driving stop
- 2.0 vw jetta 2003 timing belt broke. Researching b4 repair. Need tips&pointers.
- why would a jetta stop running out of no where trying to buy one if its going to
- Why does my car shift horrible after a new clutch was installed?
- Oil light is still on. Needed oil so I filled it. What now?