Have changed throttle-position sensor and made a slight difference at first, but don't think the problem is that. Notice that if I kick it down into passing gear, it will clear up for a short while. Also it will back-fire occasionally, I have listened for "dieseling" or "pinging" but haven't noticed anything. Too, the problem is intermittant. I have noticed that it seems to run alright sometimes, until we have to brake, then it will start. Any Ideas what could be the problem?
having a problem with car running rough and jerking at cruise speed. on 1991 Lincoln Town Car
This week's top 10
Recent Lincoln Town Car Questions
- What happens if I run the gas completely out, I put gas in it but it wont turn
- My 06 Town Car temperature gauge running hot but the car didn't overheat
- What is the small amber light between the gas gauge and temperature gauge on my
- Why does my 2002 Lincoln Town Car lose its electrical charge?
- Air suspension replaced with coil springs. Suspension turned off in truck.
1991 Lincoln Town Car Estimates
- Heater Blower Motor Resistor Replacement ($73 - 132) in Port Wing, WI
- Fuel Injector Replacement ($280 - 348) in Sumterville, FL
- Water Pump Replacement ($236 - 348) in Gray, GA
- Brake Booster Replacement ($417 - 750) in Caryville, TN
- Stabilizer Bushing Replacement ($85 - 120) in Polvadera, NM
- Engine Control Module Replacement ($376 - 973) in Lewiston, NY