Chrysler Q&A

2007 Chrysler Town & Country Question: Have other T&C's had problems with eating tires and brakes excessively?

GasperGuy, West Jordan, UT, October 03, 2013, 12:24

We loved our 1st T&C, so we bought our 2007 new. At 87,000 miles, I'm on my 5th set of tires (expensive, high quality, 65K- to 80K-mile sets, not cheapies). Problem appears to be in the front end. Also eats brakes and rotors faster than it should. I believe the brakes/rotors are simply under-designed for this heavy vehicle. However, I've had the van aligned three times, and double-checked by another shop twice. Perfect every time. Still ate tires. I just put on a set of Yokohama 80K tires, then put 3K miles on them and went to dealer today. No apparent wear, but they checked 4-wheel alignment ($200), and lo and behold, "R front had excess camber, and L rear was pushing," according to service advisor after I had described precisely what had been happening to my tires. We'll see; but when I hadn't described any specific problem in the past, there was never anything wrong with the alignment. Sadly, this dealer ALWAYS finds $200 to $1200 worth of fixable problems if you let them, so credibility is an issue... Hoping it's fixed this time. Am I the only one having these problems with my T&C?