have replaced fuel pump, distributor cap, spark plug wires spark plugs, will start if use starting fuel in air box and run fine, will restart again if shut off and start again but not if wait to long...checked all fuses none are out. Can't put on a diagnostic reader wont read, is there a fuse for this , cant find 1 was told if reader out to replace that fuse it also runs fuel system
have a 97 protégé will crank but not start on 1997 Mazda Protege
4 answersApril 14, 2014
This week's top 10
Recent Mazda Protege Questions
- When I press the clutch pedal the engine decelerate and shut down
- Is there a fuel pump inertia cut off switch on this vehicle, if so location?
- Engine not able to accelerate past 40 mph
- My car doesn't have reverse but will go on D, 2 & 1. What's the problem? HELP!!!
- changed clutch how much trans. fluid do I put in it?
1997 Mazda Protege Estimates
- Oil Pump Replacement ($677 - 909) in Sturgis, KY
- Coolant Leak Diagnosis ($88 - 111) in Bedford, VA
- Brake Shoe Replacement ($162 - 210) in Mora, MN
- Air Filter Replacement ($36 - 65) in Chesterfield, SC
- Spark Plug Wire Set Replacement ($80 - 123) in Laurys Station, PA
- Air Conditioning System Evacuate & Recharge ($123 - 156) in Caraway, AR