Has anyone had battery positive terminal crrosion problems? on 2011 Buick LaCrosse

Difficult starting resulted in a check of the battery termeinals and the positive terminal of the 2011 LaCrosse was VERY badly corroded, eating into the clamp and some piece of metal plate that is under the clamp. I thought maybe there was a leak in the battery case near the post, but didn't see any cracks. Strange battery cabling set up, with junction box on top of the battery. I guess the designer never has changed a battery in a car. Anyone else with a similar problem? design fault?

by in Lubbock, TX on October 28, 2012
5 answers 1 comment
ANSWER by on October 28, 2012
I know this doesn't answer your question , but is it out of warranty?
COMMENT by on September 15, 2013
no, it was still under warrenty. Dealer fixed it, no chg. Battery case was cracked near post allowing acid to seep out. dealer replaced battery, positive cable and removed the tiedown connected to the pos term that was likely caused the problem.
ANSWER by on October 29, 2012
No Peter, I have not experienced a 2011 Buick LaCrosse with corroded battery terminals...yet.
ANSWER by on October 29, 2012
poss battery bolt punctured the bottom of the battery insert,remove cable and ck for leak were battery bolts screws into. iv seen this b4.
ANSWER by on December 29, 2013
I recently had this problem on my 2011 Buick Lacrosse CXL V6. My wife had been using the car and told me the car wouldn't start. I then tried it and it worked every time, so I didn't know what she was talking about. Then she had me try starting it one morning, and it wouldn't work for me either. I got a clicking noise while turning the key, and the display screen said to service the stabilitrak and brake assist. Anyway, I called AAA and they came to jump it. We looked at the battery and acid was all over the positive terminal. It was caked on there, and had eaten the nut of the clamp on the terminal. I took it to the dealership, but my extended warranty wouldn't cover it, so I went to my mechanic, and had them replace the battery. I need to figure out the oem battery, and call the company to see if they will reimburse me, cause I think they're covered for like 5 years.
ANSWER by on August 10, 2015
My 2011 Buick LaCrosse CXS had battery issues when my car was only 1.5 yrs old...dealer replaced it...but now as of today Aug 2015...i couldn't start my car up in the morning and my hubby opened the battery box and oh my it was horrible...it looked like a mass invasion of acid all over the place...it took him an almost two hrs to remove the battery...took it to our dealer where we purchased my car in 2011...they had my car towed to them so they can wash it out and replace the battery casing...lo and behold when we went to pick up the car 4 days later my hubby looked to see if they washed cleaned the inside...NOPE...like really???? Good thing we were still at the dealer...we showed the service agent and he said they were supposed to have cleaned it...the battery cost me 225 plus tax...they should have replaced it for free because the positive post was loose...so it had been leaking all this time...you would think that when i take my car in for service that they supposedly do the 27 point inspection...apparently the technicians were too lazy to pull the battery cover off...but now they are telling me that the suspension light came on...i've never had the suspension light come on before...oh...forgot to tell you that at 38,000 miles my water pump had a leak...got that replaced for free...but had to take my car back 4 times because i was smelling antifreeze inside the cabin and it was burning my eyes...they finally cleaned it right...urghhhhhh...i will never buy another American car again!!!!!!