After spending over $900.00 since December just for parts, my car seemingly was running smoothly. Now as soon as the engine warms up the car goes nuts. It bucks, dies, and runs like sh__t. Yesterday for the first time I kept the car running by stomping the throttle and hoplding it while it surged until it coughed and died. I opened the hood and discovered smoke coming from the area of the catalytic converter. it sounds like a lot of back pressure has bulit up?
Has anyone experienced a problem related to their catalytic converter? on 1990 Nissan Maxima
Asked by for the 1990 Nissan Maxima
This week's top 10
Recent Nissan Maxima Questions
- My idle is going crazy, it ref up and down.
- My 2014 Nissan Maxima won't accelerate but rpm will go high. Only 52000 m help!
- 2002 Nissan Maxima GLE. P0300,P1800,P0011,P0021.
- How expensive is it to re program this to get it to run and is it worth the fix
- while driving the brake and battery light came on and car completely stopped run
1990 Nissan Maxima Estimates
- Ignition Cap and Rotor Replacement ($92 - $118) in Otto, NY
- Air Conditioning Diagnosis ($88 - $111) in Monona, IA
- Oxygen Sensor Replacement - Rear ($214 - $267) in Mandaree, ND
- Exhaust Manifold Gasket Replacement ($845 - $1,091) in Chappell Hill, TX
- Stabilizer Bar Link Kit Replacement ($82 - $162) in Pocahontas, IA
- HVAC Blend Door Actuator Replacement ($125 - $191) in Alexandria, TN