I have a 1990 Ford Bronco with 126,000 actual miles. Recenlty overhauled engine. New fuel pump, filter etc. For a while now, even before the overhaul, the truck was difficult to start at times. Always difficult when the engine is cold, sometimes difficult when engine is warm. Think I may place excessive wear on my starter if I do not correct this problem.
Hard Starting on 1990 Ford Bronco
Asked by for the 1990 Ford Bronco
MOST POPULAR ANSWER by DaveJM ,
February 18, 2011
Hard starting is due to either fuel pressure issues or an air intake issue. Could be a lack of spark too. If an air intake issue - is the engine getting too much or not enough air?
1 answerJune 01, 2011
1 answerJune 06, 2011
1 answerAugust 07, 2013
1 answerMarch 01, 2014
2 answersDecember 27, 2010
This week's top 10
Recent Ford Bronco Questions
- takes forever to shift into reverse and longer into drive
- Is it possible to change the headlights from manual to automatic?
- Just replaced thermostat and gasket Drove next Day over heated and drove next day reservoir full
- what is the average cost for a mechanic to install a long block engine in to a 5.8 96 ford bronco?
- After replacing my abs computer, speedometer not working and truck not shifting right. What have they missed?
1990 Ford Bronco Estimates
- Ball Joint Replacement - Lower ($521 - $674) in Caro, MI
- MAP Sensor Replacement ($167 - $237) in Tallulah Falls, GA
- Brake Pad Replacement ($133 - $200) in Toulon, IL
- Battery Replacement ($162 - $218) in Russellville, IN
- Emergency Brake Cable Replacement ($121 - $152) in Montrose, IA
- Engine Oil Pan Gasket Replacement ($609 - $775) in Alum Bridge, WV