When starting my truck it often takes two or three attempts. It kicks over but does not fire. It runs great and theres no knocking and the gas mileage is great. I've change fuel filter, air filter, and ran a fuel injector cleaner through the system several times. Any hints? or tips?
Hard start on 2001 Chevrolet Silverado 1500
MOST POPULAR ANSWER by user91328 ,
July 30, 2010
you need to check fuel pressure when it wont start. it may be the pump not retaining residual pressure for initial start.
1 more answer
Verified for the Chevrolet Silverado 150032 reports
1 answerOctober 30, 2010
Verified for the Chevrolet Silverado 1500137 reports
2 answersApril 25, 2016
- 2001 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Repair and Maintenance
- 2001 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Maintenance Schedule
- 2001 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Problems(25)
- 2001 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Repair Estimates
- 2001 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Q&A(140)
- 2001 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Recalls(5)
- 2001 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Shops
- 2001 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Reviews(5)
This week's top 10
Recent Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Questions
- Truck went dead going down road .Will turn over but won't crank.
- I have an electrical problem. When u turn the key on the battery light goes out.
- 2006 Chevy Silverado. Starts fine. After a few minutes, lifter knocks.
- i left my key on when i changed battery, truck turns over but no spark
- My tail brake lights don't work but the one on the cab does.
2001 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Estimates
- 120,000 Mile Service ($470 - 651) in Newberg, OR
- Oil and Filter Change ($27 - 61) in Webberville, MI
- Oil Pump Replacement ($431 - 741) in Pea Ridge, AR
- Heater Hose Replacement ($142 - 210) in Milton, FL
- Emergency Brake Cable Replacement ($166 - 337) in Colt, AR
- HVAC Blend Door Actuator Replacement ($140 - 153) in Parmelee, SD