hard to start after running for a while.smell gas when trying to restart.
hard start on 1991 Toyota Tercel
If you have a fuel leak at the pressure side of the fuel rail, fuel pressure will bleed off and make the engine had to initially start until the fuel pump can restore adequate fuel pressure, look around the fuel filter (engine compartment under the air filter housing low down toward the rear, fuel injectors , and around the fuel rail for leaks.
Verified for the Toyota Tercel7 reports
Verified for the Toyota Tercel24 reports
2 answersAugust 26, 2012
2 answersJanuary 22, 2013
1 answerApril 25, 2015
This week's top 10
Recent Toyota Tercel Questions
- Is it normal if desconected 02 sensor not cause eng. Light to come on?
- What is causing hesitation/sputtering when driving at 60mph?
- Car will start, but will then cuts off and will not idle. Replaced plugs, plug w
- Why do my headlights and gauges go dim when I stop at a light?
- My reading panel for the fuel, speed and the temperature stopped working.
1991 Toyota Tercel Estimates
- Axle/Half Shaft Replacement - Front ($326 - 699) in Emmonak, AK
- Wheel Bearing Replacement - Front ($246 - 325) in Verona, MS
- Electrical System Diagnosis ($88 - 111) in Watertown, OH
- Brake Pad Replacement ($134 - 180) in Vacaville, CA
- Window Switch Replacement ($298 - 512) in University Place, WA
- Brake Hydraulic System Bleed ($88 - 111) in Marathon, OH