I just bought a 97 jetta i was notified that the reverse hasnt worked for three years, it makes a grinding noise and either stalls or goes into first gear. Also im trying to repair the windows myself does anyone have any idea what would cause all four windows to not work? including the sunroof its stuck 3/4 the way open tried to manually close it but even that doesnt work, the bolt spins but the sunroof just refuses to close the rest of the way..please help
Grinding noise when trying to shift into reverse,and wont shift into reverse..? on 1997 Volkswagen Jetta
This week's top 10
Recent Volkswagen Jetta Questions
- loud knocking sound and now car wont turn over...what do I check first?
- My jetta is making a loud knocking sounds under my feet between gears? CV shaft?
- Car dash lights and door chime come on for 10 seconds short in wires under dash.
- Engine light is on and cant pass a smog; leaking oil very slightly
- How many gallons is my gas tank & how many miles I get on a full tank
1997 Volkswagen Jetta Estimates
- ABS Wheel Speed Sensor Replacement ($182 - $259) in Limington, ME
- Serpentine Belt Replacement ($108 - $187) in Eloy, AZ
- Radiator Hose Replacement ($248 - $416) in Ashville, OH
- Engine Overheating Diagnosis ($88 - $111) in Woodlawn, TX
- Brake Light Switch Replacement ($56 - $81) in Logan, IL
- CV Axle Assembly Replacement ($564 - $1,506) in Rutherford College, NC