I just looked at a 98 750 w/ 100k miles on it. The guy wants 9500 for it. He states he "preventatively" replaced fuel lines, radiator hoses, and many other items which is great. But when I started the car, I smelled an overwhelming gasoline smell - like there was a leak? I could not see one, but none the less, it lingered for a while even after I turned the car off. Unfortunately, the seller was not present to ask him about it, but I thought the experts here could lend a hand - this car is pretty amazing, but I am wary about the cost $$$ to fix. Any ideas about this problem? Also, are there specific issues to the 750 other than the recall I found online? Thanks...
Good buy or not..? on 1998 BMW 750iL
This week's top 10
Recent BMW 750iL Questions
- Out of the blue my car started a ride very real hard I had an oil change done and when I got done with that the car started to ride hard could I have blown a fuse somewhere?
- I came out of my house and realize that the rearend was raised 4 inches higher
- Calipers, rotors and pads (front + rear) from 2000 Bmw 750il to be installed to 2000 Bmw 740il. Is this possible? Any pros and cons? Sincerely,.
- "Check brake lining" what could it be? Sincerely
- Had transmission tune up transmission shifts fine. My question is why transmission code is being detected?
1998 BMW 750iL Estimates
- Exhaust Manifold Replacement ($841 - 1,132) in Braselton, GA
- Brake Master Cylinder Replacement ($476 - 694) in Scottville, NC
- ABS Wheel Speed Sensor Replacement ($402 - 460) in Edmore, MI
- Exhaust Manifold Gasket Replacement ($689 - 873) in Brownstown, WA
- CV Joint Boot Replacement ($407 - 492) in North Woodstock, NH
- Suspension Coil Spring Replacement ($350 - 386) in South Webster, OH