I just looked at a 98 750 w/ 100k miles on it. The guy wants 9500 for it. He states he "preventatively" replaced fuel lines, radiator hoses, and many other items which is great. But when I started the car, I smelled an overwhelming gasoline smell - like there was a leak? I could not see one, but none the less, it lingered for a while even after I turned the car off. Unfortunately, the seller was not present to ask him about it, but I thought the experts here could lend a hand - this car is pretty amazing, but I am wary about the cost $$$ to fix. Any ideas about this problem? Also, are there specific issues to the 750 other than the recall I found online? Thanks...
Good buy or not..? on 1998 BMW 750iL
This week's top 10
Recent BMW 750iL Questions
- I came out of my house and realize that the rearend was raised 4 inches higher
- Calipers, rotors and pads (front + rear) from 2000 Bmw 750il to be installed to 2000 Bmw 740il. Is this possible? Any pros and cons? Sincerely,.
- "Check brake lining" what could it be? Sincerely
- Had transmission tune up transmission shifts fine. My question is why transmission code is being detected?
- Thanks for HELP
1998 BMW 750iL Estimates
- Ignition Wire Set Replacement ($664 - 1,768) in Braselton, GA
- Serpentine Belt Replacement ($130 - 176) in Scottville, NC
- Oil Pan Reseal - Engine ($275 - 411) in Edmore, MI
- Tire Rotation ($26 - 34) in Brownstown, WA
- Exterior Bulb Replacement ($257 - 266) in North Woodstock, NH
- Suspension Coil Spring Replacement ($733 - 828) in South Webster, OH