GMC Suburban 2500 Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your GMC Suburban 2500
- Truck will start when key is turned to on position, starter stays on after start
- Unable to see dash gauges in daylight in my Suburban.
- What would cause a crank over but no start after tune up....
- Having problem w/rear,tailgate doors:the non-keyed door won't open when unlocked
- i have a 1995 gmc suburban k2500 4x4 6.5 Detroit turbo diesel
- Coho Automotive LLC (571) 358-8099 | 19.75mi
- Scott's Specialties Inc (301) 563-9796 | 20.65mi
- ARautoPRO, LLC (301) 605-9203 | 19.99mi
- Marv & Mikes Transmission & Auto Repair (301) 637-4993 | 20.98mi
- Precision Tune Auto Care (703) 468-4903 | 18.83mi
- Winkler Automotive Service Center (301) 258-2774 | 17.37mi
- Hillmuth Certified Automotive of Gaithersburg (301) 547-3338 | 20.09mi
- Cardinal Plaza Shell (703) 349-4624 | 22.86mi
- Convenience Car Care Center (703) 594-4027 | 20.27mi
- Car Doctor (571) 402-1906 | 18.95mi
GMC Suburban 2500 Problems
The power door lock actuators may become slow to operate or stop working completely and require replacement.
The inside and outside door handles are prone to breaking.
The intake manifold gasket may develop and external engine oil or coolant leak. In some cases, an internal coolant leak may occur causing coolant to mix with the engine oil. Running the engine with a coolant/oil mix may result in engine damage. Replacing the intake manifold gasket should correct this issue.
GMC Suburban 2500 Questions
Does anyone know whether or not the dashboard is illuminated during daylight hours. In certain lights, such as driving into the bright sky it is very difficult to read the speedometer. The dash lights up at night OK but is still dimmer than I would like even with the dimmer switch on full. No fus...
My suburban has side by side, rear doors, that open outwards (not the up and down doors). All of a sudden, the left door won't open. When I pull the lever to open it, it seems like it almost grabs something, and then nothing happens. I need to use the bed in the back of the truck to move some...
GMC Suburban 2500 Recalls
GMC Suburban 2500 Reviews
My suburban has been great pulling my travel trailer and loaded with family. Problem is it also has something always needing fixing. Looks like I have to get rid of it now -- the smog pump went bad and there is no replacement except for junk yards. this according to dealer, parts houses, AC Delco (who makes the part), and multiple internet sites trying to find a new pump
I own the 1998 GMC 4x4 2500 with a 454ci 7.4 or 7.6 L. This truck is a true monster. It tows better then my friends 2005 Tahoe. Steering wheel has too much freeplay, lights and electrical seem to have some sort of short, AC blew out at 170,000 miles. Besides that truck still runs and looks great at 174,000 miles. I did get the engine redone, fuel injectors seem to have been full of gunk. My che...
We have had the car for 18 years, it was purchased as a lo mile used vehicle. Running a 454 CID big block it has performed very well and is good on gas. Originaly we had a 28 ft trailer to hall cross country, didn't even notice a pull or load on this chassis. My 350 cid truck boged down and was difficult to stop.