GMC Suburban 1500 Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your GMC Suburban 1500
- After having flywheel repaired, my truck started putting and cutting off, jerking in to gear and black smoke coming from the tailpipe. Idling extremely high then low until it cuts off
- After flywheel repaired truck cutting off jerking and black smoke from tailpipe
- how would i tell witch wheel sensor is causing my abs to actavat when slowing
- How to correct the trouble code : Shift solenoid B circuit electrical
- Eng coolant temp guage reads 250 after replacing water pump,t-stat,temp sensor
GMC Suburban 1500 Problems
The inside and outside door handles are prone to breaking.
The power door lock actuators may become slow to operate or stop working completely and require replacement.
GMC Suburban 1500 Questions
I have replaced both shift solenoid's,the code keeps returning
i tested both solenoids for continuity , they are within the specific range. the code is erratic, sometimes it goes off continuously and other times it doesn't go off at all. PO758
GMC Suburban 1500 Recalls
GMC Suburban 1500 Reviews
i've had my 97 suburban for 13 yrs still going strong with 383,657 mi but i bought a new drivetrain so it can take me another 400,00
Bought this 1500 from my son with 177,000 miles on it.it now has 184,000 miles on it. motorruns great better then must newer trucks today. Give it oil changes every 3,000 miles and tune - ups evry 5,000 miles. Only thing that i had to do was replace the donut gasket and put new brakes on,O and replace the starter the one that i took off was the origanal
I love our 1993 GMC Suburban K1500 SLE in has factory skid plates to protect front Axle and transfer case. We call it "the Tank" it has never been stuck in snow even at 2ft deep, drives on the highway like a Cadilac still. The bad parts are the brakes (mine has the heavy duty ones to boot!, they barely stop the truck and have bought the best rotors/drums and pads/shoes the 4 wheel disc brakes ...