GMC 3500 Pickup Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your GMC 3500 Pickup
- Bought truck not running. Replaced injector pump and pmd with relocate. Now fuel appears to be leaking from weep hole in flywheel cover. Have looked top and bottom with no luck. Any help would be appreciated
- I have a GMC 3500HD pick up truck with a 6.5 liter engine and has trouble starti
- l/s headlamp not working. replaced w/ new one,still not working.
- My truck surges or loses speed when you mash the gas pedal above 55mph
- my steering wheel will turn l and then I have to jecan not drive a straight line
GMC 3500 Pickup Problems
Power brake systems using "hydro-boost" may leak power steering fluid from the hydro-boost unit located behind the brake master cylinder. Replacement of the hydro-boost unit is the common repair to correct this concern.
The inside and outside door handles are prone to breaking.
The power door lock actuators may become slow to operate or stop working completely and require replacement.
GMC 3500 Pickup Questions
7.4l 5 speed when I'm going down the road loaded or not after 55 mph when you give it gas you can feel the truck slow do
wn and feel it pick up when you lift the pedal
There is good fuel pressure. is there a fuse that can cause it not to start?
GMC 3500 Pickup Reviews
This year paint was not GMC's best. I have had problems with the paint peeling off in strips.Overall strong truck 7.4 454 big block. I tow a 30' toyhauler and this truck can pull.
I bought a 91 dually with 31000 original miles it runs better than my 2009 ever thought of .
I love my 3500 pu dully it is a real work truck ;I have put allot of toys in it because it paid me back it is in showroom condtion,the ony problem I have is the A?C heater control panel it sometimes blows fuses;Sometimes I feal my Steering floats,other than that ITS great I'll fix the other 2 stuff in time