GMC 1500 Pickup Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your GMC 1500 Pickup
- water leaking from under the engine, somewhere near the frame. What could it be?
- How to replace heater core hoses?
- How do I replace my heatercore?
- Had a bad starter then changed it an the truck was runnin fine when the starter went. now it wont start till I poured gas down the port. Although gas is comming through the lines and the pump is working.
- Why does my oil smell like gas...and white smoke come out of exhaust system.
GMC 1500 Pickup Problems
The inside and outside door handles are prone to breaking.
The windshield wipers may not work intermittently due to a faulty wiper motor control board. Our technicians tell us that lightly taping on the wiper motor when the fault occurs should temporarily get the wipers working again. Some vehicles were recalled for this problem and some were not. You will need to check with your local dealer to find out if a specific vehicle was included.
The intake manifold gasket may develop and external engine oil or coolant leak. In some cases, an internal coolant leak may occur causing coolant to mix with the engine oil. Running the engine with a coolant/oil mix may result in engine damage. Replacing the intake manifold gasket should correct this issue.
GMC 1500 Pickup Questions
Been told it was probably the freeze plug, if so how hard to replace?
GMC 1500 Pickup Reviews
Bought my '98 new and have put 249k fairly trouble free miles on it. Ditto on the fuel pump - lost mine 1500 miles from home and paid the price. Ride is uncomparable - I ordered a decked out 2wd with 5.7 and tow package and sound system - better road rig than a Caddy! Going to keep it for some time to come - better than a new one.
1995 GMC 1500 5.0L. 280K and still running strong. Had to replace intake gaskets twice, heater hose connectors and fuel pump. Only run 20w50 Castrol with Lucas oil stabilizer. I believe that is the secrete to a strong running 305.
I need to change the A/C unity to 134a refrigerant in 92 GMC pickup truck tell me how would I do this and thank you very much