got oil changed, couple days later smelled oil burning, saw oil under car. Suspected maybe overfilled oil, sotook it back to dealer. After they inspected said bot head gaskets were leaking. "it never made it to your reciept but on our copy it is noted by the mechanic that the leak was already there." Really?? 2 grand later and theyt wanna add new oil and h2o pump. could it have been the oil pump leaking the whole time and could it be caused by them putting in too much oil? any ininput would be greatly appreciated tnx, Ron
Getting head gasket replaced. New oil pump or just reseal? on 2004 Subaru Forester
This week's top 10
Recent Subaru Forester Questions
- Estimate for a new radiator and thermostat and 2 hoses
- how many sensors are in 2002 Subaru Forester and how much to repair?
- consuming too much oil , engine makimg knocking sound. needs repair
- My cruise light flash and the check engine light is soild and today my car was shaking and puttering when i had to stop at a light or stop sign what is that and what do i have to do to fixes these problems i have with my car it's a 2007 subaru forester
- Is a 98 Subaru forester a zero tolerance motor. What can happen when timing belt breaks?