Reviews for Geo Tracker years:

Geo Tracker Reviews and Owner Comments

Geo TrackerOwner Reviews (10 reviews)
  • 1992 Geo Tracker
    Visitor, Pleasant City, OH, February 18, 2014 07:34
    overheating
  • 1994 Geo Tracker
    Visitor, Virginia City, NV, September 03, 2013 15:00
    I bought the car for towing behind my motorhome. For the most part it tows well except for tight turns as like pulling into a driveway, or when backing it up. Due to short wheel base I believe. It otherwise followed behind as if it wasn't there! It was able to follow those little "Quads" everywhere they went! It could use a bit more power at times as when loaded with camping and prospecting gear it has had trouble climbing long very steep dirt roads. Having to turn back results in gut wrenching fear because you get the feeling that if you lock up the brakes, it would just result in an uncontrolled sled like skid to the bottom!
  • 1992 Geo Tracker
    Visitor, Raymond, MT, April 28, 2013 21:35
    I need a complete passenger window opening and closing cable system where can I get one and how much
    Visitor, Staten Island, NY, February 24, 2012 17:19
    I LIKE THIS LITTLE GUY SO MUCH THAT I HAD NEW ROCKERS WELDED IN AND HAD IT PAINTED.RUNS GREAT,RIDES FINE,HANDLES OK, LOOKS BRAND NEW WITH 66,585 ORG MILAGE WILL BE DRIVING IT TILL I DIE.
    Visitor, Bennington, VT, October 01, 2011 23:30
    love my geo tracker,bought it in 2004 been driving it daily ever since,never fail to run.the frame however is only made out of "tin".i have replace the cross member tubes with 1"1/4 steel pipe-slides right in the current tubes that have rotted over the years.the gas tank one was the first gone when i bought it.i made covers that i put in the rear wheelwells to keep all the mud/dirt/snow/water from the rear wheels from splashing in on top of the tank and prevented it from rotting out.also changed the mounting of the skid plate , below the tank,instead of on the tank.so it would hold the tank up if the tank mounts failed. even tho,through the years i've kept the frame clean and lubed,it rotted from the inside out at the rear in front of the back tires.it is very fixable,i have welded some plate steelin it,connecting support from the new steel cross members.how ever it needs a bit more yet,i dont have a place to do it,or i would and keep it longer. it just runs and shifts so awesome.the gas miles= 20mpg around town,and i have gotten upper 30's on the highway,keeping the speed around 55,rpms at 2500. has all the get up and go and more than i ever expected.a 3 mile steep mountian here is our try out road.my tracker has been up to 85mph and pedal to go still if i wanted to push it. i have to get rid of it,sadly because no where to keep it to finish frame structure.still driving every day,till it sells.many extra parts with for it. it has american racing chrome wheels with bf goodrich all terrains 30x10.50 on it.set of stock wheels and tires,removeable hard top,new muffler (factory replacement),extra head/tail light assemblies,brand new oil pan still in the box.the one on the car is rusty in spots/not yet leaking.doesnt use any oil between changes,new brakes/calipers/rotors/shoes/drums in 2009,wheel bearing inspected/cleaned/repacked-2009,trans=automatic,works/shifts as good as new,seviced in 2007-new fluid/filter as preventive.new coolant/reg oil changes with castro gtx. trying to sell it all for $700.i hate to see it go to the crusher,it would make an exellant body off restore project.and my plan was to do it and put a diff body on it,like a bug/corolla/suby body it would be a kicking ride...any one interested? i would like to try to get $700 for all of it before winter...i just bought a geo prizm and need to find a good home for the tracker
  • 1996 Geo Tracker
    Visitor, Kemp, TX, August 30, 2011 13:56
    I LOVE my Tracker, she is the absolute best and I will never get rid of her. I live in Tool Texas and between I45 where I turn onto Hwy 85 and my home there is nothing but homes and open fields its a good 40 miles of nothingness. I was coming home late one night, completely broke hardly any gas and was sure I would not make it to the house. When I stopped to make the turn onto 85 I looked at the gas gauge and it was buried in the red. I put my head on the steering wheel and just asked her to get me to the house (with an empty tank) well needless to say with what I can only imagine was fumes alone my tracker got me all the way to the house then to a gas station in the morning. I will NEVER replace this vehicle.
  • 1993 Geo Tracker
    Visitor, Saint Louis, MO, April 24, 2011 11:01
    all in all a good ride heat sucks very fun truck to own
    Visitor, Clarendon, PA, July 16, 2010 23:46
    all in all the car is amazing the air isnt the coldest thing but the heat ammazzing 'the only other problums i have has with this car is the rear dosnt like to latch and the doors and seats had to be welded on once lost a door going down the road and well the seat locks finally went in the poor little bugger
  • 1994 Geo Tracker
    rayray0850, Beverly Hills, CA, April 03, 2010 18:39
    not the greatest for heat but relible
    javy627, Maspeth, NY, August 28, 2009 08:35
    It have this little guy and even thou the ride is rough its great on gas & super in parking esspecially that I live in NYC. I rate my ride a "7".