Geo Tracker Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your Geo Tracker
- I get all my lights and power in my 1996 Geo tracker but it won't start or crank I tried restarting the battery could it be the clutch cable? or fuse?
- Is there a seperate relay for the high beams on a 1996 geo tracker
- Is it possible to put a different throttle cable on. Instead of the one with the
- The high beams dont work, bulbs good, no dash indicator light fuses all chk ok
- Car won't start been having problems with one spark plug I replaced it Car was okay for a couple of hrs. Car started to get hot checked the radiator.needed water. Tried to make it to service station, engine stopped. Now won't start.
Geo Tracker Problems
An engine oil leak may develop from the front crankshaft seal due to hardening of the rubber seal. There is a revised seal and sleeve available to correct this concern. Our technicians tell us that changing the oil every 3000 miles may help prolong seal life.
A condition may develop where the accelerator pedal sticks and is not smooth. This can be caused by carbon build up on the throttle shaft or throttle body cleaner was used which removed the special coating on the throttle shaft. Our technicians tell us that if this is the case the throttle body should be replaced.
The front struts may show signs of wear, or be excessively bouncy ride at freeway speeds. This may begin to occur at around 75,000 miles.
Geo Tracker Questions
Power at the bulbs all three wires turn on lights the middle one goes to ground turn on high beams all wires hot again is it the switch ??
Geo Tracker Recalls
THE FRONT SAFETY BELT BUCKLE RELEASE BUTTONS CAN BREAK. THESE RED PLASTIC RELEASE BUTTONS ARE MARKED "PRESS." IF A BUTTON BREAKS, PIECES CAN FALL INTO THE BUCKLE ASSEMBLY CAUSING THE BUCKLE TO OPERATE IMPROPERLY.
Geo Tracker Reviews
I LOVE my Tracker, she is the absolute best and I will never get rid of her. I live in Tool Texas and between I45 where I turn onto Hwy 85 and my home there is nothing but homes and open fields its a good 40 miles of nothingness. I was coming home late one night, completely broke hardly any gas and was sure I would not make it to the house. When I stopped to make the turn onto 85 I looked at th...
I bought the car for towing behind my motorhome. For the most part it tows well except for tight turns as like pulling into a driveway, or when backing it up. Due to short wheel base I believe. It otherwise followed behind as if it wasn't there! It was able to follow those little "Quads" everywhere they went! It could use a bit more power at times as when loaded with camping and prospecting gea...
I just purchased a USED run-around-town car last Saturday. It's a 1996 Geo Tracker, Auto Trans, hard top with 175K on the engine. I'm aware that parts are hard to get since they don't make the car any more, but she's good to go for as long as I'm going to be on the road. (age 84)! My son has one and swears by them ,,, gas mileage is 30 miles a gal. easy to get it into and one of the grea...