Geo Scheduled Maintenance Procedures
- Rotate and Inspect tires
- Inspect Accessory drive belt
- Inspect Automatic transmission fluid & filter
- Inspect Automatic transmission shift linkage
- Inspect Brake hoses
- Inspect Brake linings
- Inspect CV-joint boots & axle seals
- Inspect Coolant level, hoses and clamps
- Inspect EGR system
- Inspect Exhaust system & heat shields
- Inspect Fuel system
- Inspect Fuel tank, cap & lines
- Inspect Ignition cables
- Inspect Steering linkage
- Inspect Suspension components
- Inspect Throttle body mount bolt torque
- Inspect Throttle linkage
- Inspect engine timing
- Inspect/Lubricate Parking brake cable guides
- Inspect/Lubricate chassis & suspension
- Inspect/Lubricate underbody contact points & linkage
- Replace Brake fluid
- Replace Engine coolant
- Replace Engine oil & filter
- Replace Fuel filter
- Replace Spark plugs
- Replace camshaft timing belt
Geo Maintenance Procedures - Common Additional Services
Automatic transmission fluid becomes heat fatigued and accumulates moisture over time which can lead to automatic transmission damage if not serviced regularly. The filter should be replaced at this time a well. This service should be performed every 2 years or 30,000 miles.
The Manual Transmission fluid breaks down and becomes contaminated with moisture over time and can lead to transmission damage from a lack of proper lubrication. It should be replaced every 2 years or 30,000 miles.
Geo Scheduled Maintenance Parts
Geo Scheduled Maintenance Questions and Answers
I don't know a lot about cars so my level of information is just what the mechanic relayed to me.
My car has 89,000 mi. on it and I took it to Jiffy lube for an iol change and of course thyn tried to sell me every service under the sun. My question is should I flush the trsnsmission and yje radiator? I don't know if either has ever been done on this car. I brought as is.
I change the oil every 2-3 thousand and the air filter regularly. Thanks.