A red gear symbol indicating transmission problem comes on next to the gear select light. The manual says to shut off the engine, restart and the problem goes away. It has only happened twice in the last 2000 miles and only during long drives. It doesn't say anything more in the manual and I don't know if I need to change the filter or what? email@example.com
gear light next to the gear indicator light illuminates on 2001 BMW 325i
This week's top 10
Recent BMW 325i Questions
- What transmission do I have and what atf fluid do I need
- what would make the loud humming sound when acceleration and the get lower when
- My car won't unlock. I can use key to unlock the drivers side, not other doors.
- My manual 5 speed transmission popped loud and I lost first second ,and reverse.
- While at speed , cars idle go's up and down and theres a beeping alarm
2001 BMW 325i Estimates
- Brake Caliper Replacement - Rear ($412 - 1,000) in Pratts, VA
- Headlamp Bulb Replacement ($70 - 93) in Millersville, MO
- Charging System Diagnosis ($44 - 56) in Michigantown, IN
- Ball Joint Replacement - Lower ($223 - 467) in Daykin, NE
- Trans Oil Cooler Line Replacement ($218 - 269) in Encino, CA
- Drive Belt Idler Pulley Replacement ($169 - 201) in Walnut Ridge, AR