Hello. I recently purchased a 99 Jetta (automatic). My car was totaled and needed dependable transportation...anyhow, I had to replace lower ball joints, ac compressor, and rotors. I noticed another problem/concern the other day: My gears sometimes don't shift right away. What could this be? It sort of jerks between P and D and D to R.
Gear Jerking on 1999 Volkswagen Jetta
1 answerSeptember 04, 2010
1 answerAugust 30, 2010
1 answerJune 21, 2010
0 answersNovember 08, 2010
1 answerJanuary 19, 2015
This week's top 10
Recent Volkswagen Jetta Questions
- Why does the gear shift locks and won't go into drive?
- My 2002 Jetta epc light came on and the car wouldn't crank back up.
- What is the root of the problem that can be causing all of this?
- Having trouble shifting into 1st gear, manual transmission.
- Diesel engine won't start after replacing cracked oil pan and pressure switch?