Hello. I recently purchased a 99 Jetta (automatic). My car was totaled and needed dependable transportation...anyhow, I had to replace lower ball joints, ac compressor, and rotors. I noticed another problem/concern the other day: My gears sometimes don't shift right away. What could this be? It sort of jerks between P and D and D to R.
Gear Jerking on 1999 Volkswagen Jetta
Asked by for the 1999 Volkswagen Jetta
Verified for the Volkswagen Jetta563 reports
1 answerSeptember 04, 2010
1 answerAugust 30, 2010
1 answerJune 21, 2010
0 answersNovember 08, 2010
This week's top 10
Recent Volkswagen Jetta Questions
- loud knocking sound and now car wont turn over...what do I check first?
- My jetta is making a loud knocking sounds under my feet between gears? CV shaft?
- Car dash lights and door chime come on for 10 seconds short in wires under dash.
- Engine light is on and cant pass a smog; leaking oil very slightly
- How many gallons is my gas tank & how many miles I get on a full tank
1999 Volkswagen Jetta Estimates
- Shock Absorber Replacement - Rear ($342 - $557) in Arnold, MI
- Oil Leak Diagnosis ($88 - $111) in Godfrey, IL
- Clutch Replacement ($1,071 - $1,410) in Loysville, PA
- Coolant Leak Diagnosis ($88 - $111) in Makinen, MN
- Stabilizer Bar Link Kit Replacement ($142 - $194) in Mount Carmel, UT
- Steering Knuckle Replacement ($917 - $961) in Danbury, NC