Normally, when you fill the gas tank and it's almost full, the feed clicks off. In my car, it keeps clicking off from the very beginning of the fill and even spits gasoiline back through the opening. No matter how slowly I feed the gas, it keeps kicking off, taking about 20 mionutes to fill it. Brought it to a mechanic, who cleaned clogged charcoal filter, but problem is unchanged. Also have had several "check engine" warnings that were linked to gas cap. It's been changed also but both problems persist. Any thoughts?
gasoline filling problem on 2002 Kia Optima
This week's top 10
Recent Kia Optima Questions
- My car starts runs for awhile then shuts off, then it won't start. Help.........
- How to reset memory fuse
- My Kia won't start after I tried replacing the overhead lightbulb, what do I do?
- What can be causing my steering wheel to click?
- What would cause my car 2002. Kia Optima to not pass emissions even after drivin
2002 Kia Optima Estimates
- Heater Blower Motor Resistor Replacement ($90 - 194) in Thompson, ND
- Alternator Replacement ($383 - 527) in Brainardsville, NY
- Heater Blower Motor Replacement ($392 - 504) in Saint Rose, LA
- Clutch Master Cylinder Replacement ($180 - 229) in Roxana, IL
- Pre-Purchase Car Inspection ($105 - 134) in Madison, FL
- Emergency Brake Cable Replacement ($273 - 312) in Paxton, FL