I noticed a gas smell about four days ago, which I didn't find unusual because I carry a gas/oil mixture around in the back of my Rodeo, anyway. But then I noticed the bad gas mileage, so tonight at the gas pump, I decided to investigate and found what at first looked like a small, small gas spot underneath the tank. I double checked to be sure the fuel was coming from my truck, and what I found was gas basically pouring down the side of the tank cover from the top. It doesn't do it when the car is off, only when the car is on, and I know enough to realize the gas is being pumped out. What I want to know is, is it a fuel line, (hard or rubber) that leads out of the top of the tank as I'm sure the leak must be when the fuel is leaving the pump. Next, as I am not a rich man, and this is my only vehicle which I have to use for work, what would be a the cheapest solution to have this taken care of in a timely manner. Thank you.
Gas Leak on 1998 Isuzu Rodeo
Your assessment sounds correct that it is fuel under pressure that is causing the leak and must be a pressure line. Wait until the fuel level in the tank is low and drop the tank down off its straps low enough so that you can see an obvious stains on the top of the tank, or hoses.
2 answersOctober 27, 2014
3 answersJune 05, 2010
0 answersAugust 16, 2015
1 answerAugust 21, 2014
This week's top 10
Recent Isuzu Rodeo Questions
- I put a new water pump and now it won't start
- Why do i have to keep putting on a starter
- I changed the fuel pump and one of the plugs is different they sent a new plug
- Jumped time. If belt is still on tight can it be reset like it is?
- i dont want start but makes on when i turned ignation it say check engine
1998 Isuzu Rodeo Estimates
- 127,500 Mile Service ($106 - 160) in Galena, KS
- Engine Oil Light Diagnosis ($88 - 111) in Wilmington, CA
- Heater Core Replacement ($776 - 1,051) in Greensboro, IN
- Brake Pad Replacement ($145 - 266) in Page, NE
- Engine Oil Pan Replacement ($1,075 - 2,088) in Bois D Arc, MO
- Oxygen Sensor Replacement ($179 - 502) in Port Clyde, ME