fill up with gas the other day and gauge has not come off full. Based on miles since fill up it should be between half and three quarters. What could cause this and what can I do to fix it?
gas gauge on 2002 Ford Explorer
BEST ANSWER by Bret Bodas,
January 31, 2009
This type of problem is often caused by the fuel gauge sending unit in the fuel tank. A shop may need to remove the sending unit and perform some electrical tests to see if it is reading correctly to determine if it is indeed the cause.
3 answersApril 21, 2011
1 answerApril 01, 2010
1 answerAugust 24, 2010
1 answerFebruary 13, 2011
1 answerApril 22, 2011
This week's top 10
Recent Ford Explorer Questions
- black smock and rich fuel the cods p0191 & p0452 and short trim bank 1& 2 both -
- how do I change the oil pump on a 2000 Ford 4.0L engine?
- I bought my car and was told i needed to get a new sink row.
- Will not come out of drive stays in it even in reverse.
- when filling gas tank gas pump shuts off like tank is full ,unless you fill very