fill up with gas the other day and gauge has not come off full. Based on miles since fill up it should be between half and three quarters. What could cause this and what can I do to fix it?
gas gauge on 2002 Ford Explorer
MOST POPULAR ANSWER by Bret Bodas ,
January 31, 2009
This type of problem is often caused by the fuel gauge sending unit in the fuel tank. A shop may need to remove the sending unit and perform some electrical tests to see if it is reading correctly to determine if it is indeed the cause.
3 answersApril 21, 2011
1 answerApril 01, 2010
1 answerAugust 24, 2010
1 answerFebruary 13, 2011
1 answerApril 22, 2011
This week's top 10
Recent Ford Explorer Questions
- i have no power to the heat and air control module no display no blower fan
- My truck won't turn over. I replaced the starter. Now it won't turn start
- Removing coil spring from strut. I used spring compressors to compress spring.
- How do I change a burned out lamp in the steering wheel controls?
- how do i disarm anti theft system PAT
2002 Ford Explorer Estimates
- Crankshaft Position Sensor Replacement ($140 - 194) in Kendrick, ID
- Timing Belt Replacement ($386 - 513) in Logan, OH
- Differential Fluid Replacement - Front ($93 - 150) in Walton, KS
- 82,500 Mile Service ($97 - 149) in La Grange, TX
- Axle Shaft Seal Replacement ($194 - 432) in Loleta, CA
- Emergency Brake Cable Replacement ($117 - 179) in Loretto, VA