fill up with gas the other day and gauge has not come off full. Based on miles since fill up it should be between half and three quarters. What could cause this and what can I do to fix it?
gas gauge on 2002 Ford Explorer
MOST POPULAR ANSWER by Bret Bodas ,
January 31, 2009
This type of problem is often caused by the fuel gauge sending unit in the fuel tank. A shop may need to remove the sending unit and perform some electrical tests to see if it is reading correctly to determine if it is indeed the cause.
3 answersApril 21, 2011
1 answerApril 01, 2010
1 answerAugust 24, 2010
1 answerFebruary 13, 2011
1 answerApril 22, 2011
This week's top 10
Recent Ford Explorer Questions
- fuel pump pressure problems
- What does it mean when it shows charging system service now on a 2017 Ford explo
- My 1998 ford exploer sport wont start after driven and shut off.30 mins it start
- How much does it cost to replace harmonic balance on 1999 Buick century custom
- what is the cost to repair all the timing belts in vehicle?
2002 Ford Explorer Estimates
- Strut Replacement - Rear ($581 - 675) in Kendrick, ID
- Air Conditioning Diagnosis ($88 - 111) in Logan, OH
- Headlamp Bulb Replacement ($53 - 71) in Walton, KS
- Radiator Fan Assembly Replacement ($382 - 470) in La Grange, TX
- CV Joint Boot Replacement ($271 - 500) in Loleta, CA
- Drive Belt Idler Pulley Replacement ($88 - 101) in Loretto, VA