I have been asked to bring in gas door for a paint match. It looks riveted. Is there an easy way to remove it withgout damage?
gas door removal on 2000 Toyota Camry
I think the rivots are plastic and the center if the "rivot" just pushes inward to relaese the clawed head of the rivot, new rivots are $3 and install by hand no special tools or anything.
1 answerApril 22, 2011
This week's top 10
Recent Toyota Camry Questions
- several times now while driving the engine light as well as the door ajar light
- Could my ignition switch be stuck in the cranking position
- Could the ignition switch, be stuck in the cranking position, or shorted out?
- Back seat floor carpets are getting wet more behind driver seat side. windows OK
- steering wheel moves up and down freely. I heard a snap and the wheel spins.
2000 Toyota Camry Estimates
- Ignition Coil Replacement ($171 - 300) in Glenmoore, PA
- Brake Hose Replacement ($118 - 245) in Bruner, MO
- 95,000 Mile Service ($53 - 96) in Crowley, TX
- Air Conditioning Diagnosis ($88 - 111) in Alpine, TN
- Timing Belt Replacement ($436 - 689) in Benson, MN
- Camshaft Position Sensor Replacement ($147 - 422) in Avoca, NY