I bought a 1999 VW Jetta for my son yesterday. He pushed the dangling trunk light back up into the trunk and immediately the bulb went out, the windows wouldn't roll down, the trunk would not open back up and the car wouldn't start. We found a blown fuse, replaced that, and after some issues with the alarm it finally started. Now when he turns on his headlights the trunk pops open. The widows still will not roll down, and the speedometer doesn't work. Any help would be appreciated...Thanks
fuses? I think on 1991 Volkswagen Jetta
2 answersMarch 11, 2009
Car just died while stopped at an intersection, wouldn't restart, electronic keys won't work, dash light stays on when shut down, battery light on when shut down and battery drains, it's like the car is running, but there is no motor on. HELP!!!!
2 answersMay 25, 2016
2 answersOctober 17, 2014
1 answerJune 28, 2011
This week's top 10
Recent Volkswagen Jetta Questions
- What is the root of the problem that can be causing all of this?
- Having trouble shifting into 1st gear, manual transmission.
- Diesel engine won't start after replacing cracked oil pan and pressure switch?
- car dies while driving and sometimes won't start. good fuel pump and filter
- Where is the output speed sensor located? Is it under the battery?