I bought a 1999 VW Jetta for my son yesterday. He pushed the dangling trunk light back up into the trunk and immediately the bulb went out, the windows wouldn't roll down, the trunk would not open back up and the car wouldn't start. We found a blown fuse, replaced that, and after some issues with the alarm it finally started. Now when he turns on his headlights the trunk pops open. The widows still will not roll down, and the speedometer doesn't work. Any help would be appreciated...Thanks
fuses? I think on 1991 Volkswagen Jetta
Asked by for the 1991 Volkswagen Jetta
Car just died while stopped at an intersection, wouldn't restart, electronic keys won't work, dash light stays on when shut down, battery light on when shut down and battery drains, it's like the car is running, but there is no motor on. HELP!!!!
2 answersMay 25, 2016
2 answersOctober 17, 2014
2 answersMarch 11, 2009
1 answerJune 28, 2011
2 answersMarch 30, 2009
This week's top 10
Recent Volkswagen Jetta Questions
- My jetta is making a loud knocking sounds under my feet between gears? CV shaft?
- Car dash lights and door chime come on for 10 seconds short in wires under dash.
- Engine light is on and cant pass a smog; leaking oil very slightly
- How many gallons is my gas tank & how many miles I get on a full tank
- Engine starts fine but it won’t shift into any gear. Panel light also does not
1991 Volkswagen Jetta Estimates
- AC Recharge ($200 - $276) in South Bend, TX
- Power Steering Pump Replacement ($415 - $585) in Colmesneil, TX
- Brake Pad Replacement ($193 - $244) in Hastings, NE
- Oil Pump Replacement ($639 - $1,938) in Badger, SD
- Suspension Control Arm Replacement ($265 - $540) in Milwaukee, WI
- Wheel Hub Assembly Replacement ($264 - $325) in South Boardman, MI