I bought a 1999 VW Jetta for my son yesterday. He pushed the dangling trunk light back up into the trunk and immediately the bulb went out, the windows wouldn't roll down, the trunk would not open back up and the car wouldn't start. We found a blown fuse, replaced that, and after some issues with the alarm it finally started. Now when he turns on his headlights the trunk pops open. The widows still will not roll down, and the speedometer doesn't work. Any help would be appreciated...Thanks
fuses? I think on 1991 Volkswagen Jetta
Car just died while stopped at an intersection, wouldn't restart, electronic keys won't work, dash light stays on when shut down, battery light on when shut down and battery drains, it's like the car is running, but there is no motor on. HELP!!!!
2 answersMay 25, 2016
2 answersOctober 17, 2014
2 answersMarch 11, 2009
1 answerJune 28, 2011
2 answersMarch 30, 2009
This week's top 10
Recent Volkswagen Jetta Questions
- My 2006 Volkswagen jetta dash board lights went out and it would not accelerate
- After installing aftermarket stereo car will crank but will not turn over.
- Trunk will not open with key or switch. can I open it from inside the trunk?
- Whats makes it not shift out of park
- EPC Light Comes on when Headlights turned on, break lights also stay on
1991 Volkswagen Jetta Estimates
- Strut/Shock Absorber Replacement - Front ($408 - 696) in South Bend, TX
- Steering Rack Replacement ($1,022 - 1,958) in Colmesneil, TX
- Door Window Regulator Replacement ($223 - 332) in Hastings, NE
- Oil Pump Replacement ($639 - 1,938) in Badger, SD
- Battery Cable Replacement ($158 - 177) in Milwaukee, WI
- Suspension Control Arm Replacement ($265 - 540) in South Boardman, MI