The fuse box in your vehicle is similar to the fuse box in your home. It contains the fuses and circuit breakers that protect the vehicle’s electrical circuits. Most modern vehicles have multiple fuse boxes.
Symptoms of Wear or Failure
- One or more of the vehicle's electrical circuits may fail
- Smokey smell noted from the area of the affected fuse box
Related Repair Advice
- If a fuse is replaced, its connection in the fuse box should be checked for corrosion and proper fit
- A larger amperage fuse should never be used when replacing a fuse
- A fuse that blows repeatedly could indicate a fault with the circuit protected by that fuse