2004 GMC Canyon Q&A

2004 GMC Canyon Question: Fueling Problem

When fueling up I can only trickle the gas in. Seems like there might be a relief vent plugged or something? -
There is a vent valve part of the evaporative emission control system that could be the problem. Does it only happen with one particular gas station brand, perhaps try using a different brand of gas for one fiill and see if it fills any different. -
Customer Concern: The fuel tank is hard to fill, fuel nozzle clicks off easily. The customer has owned vehicle since new. Powertrain Control Module (PCM) code: P0442. The fuel cap seal looks poor. Tests/Procedures: 1. Replace the fuel cap. 2. Check fuel filler neck seal surface. 3. Check the evaporative canister and evaporative vent solenoid with hose for signs of dirt that may be causing the hard fill complaint and/or the PCM code. 4. Check with customer regarding method of fueling. Potential Causes: Fuel Cap Vapor Canister Tech Tips: NOTE: A special policy exists, #07012, regarding the fuel cap and an extended warranty, 10 year/120,000 miles. Diagnostic Codes: P0442 -
Had the same problem... I just pulled the nozzle halfway out and was able to fuel wide open. -
The fuel level sensor in the fuel tank may fail causing erratic fuel gauge operation. Our technicians tell us that on high mileage vehicles you may wish to replace the complete fuel pump module ass...
I have found where the leak comes from. Its from the Pipe, fuel feed (To Tank). Fuel Feed is connected the Fuel Pump. Fuel moisture is visible but no fuel dripping identified, strong order of fuel ...
How are the clips removed from the current filter and how are the new ones replaced? Do they pop off? How do I open them to remove the filter?
THE 1st TIME IT HAPPENED WAS ABOUT 3 WEEKS AGO; I DROVE TO A BANK AND PARKED. WHEN I RETURNED & TRIED TO TURN ON THE ENGINE, IT CRANKED BUT WOULDN'T TURN ON.(SIMILAR TO A BROKEN TIMING BELT PROBLEM...