Dodge Q&A

2006 Dodge Charger Question: fuel system problems

Jason A, Sayre, OK, June 12, 2010, 15:09

I bought my 2006 dodge charger 3.5L V6 USED WITH 65,000 Miles, when I got to the gas station to fuel it up it had trouble starting, sence then every time I fuel it up it starts and dies right away and takes a lot of cranking to get it started, and when it gets to about a quarter tank it has the same problem starting. Two days ago my wife was driving it to work and it started cutting out and had no power the engine light started blinking and beeping after a minute it started running fine then the next day it did the same thing to her again, I have tried driving it myself and of course it wont do it when i drive it but im scared to drive it far from home, I think its the fuel pump does anybody have any ideas for me?

1 Answer

June 12, 2010, 16:04
     Journeyman

Maybe there was water or impurities in the fuel you got that day. Have the fuel tank drained or at least use an additive and don't fill up at that station anymore.

Jason A, June 14, 2010, 18:55

Now it has been 2 months sence I took my charger to the dealer ship i bought it from to get the fuel system repaired, they could not find the problem so they sent it to a dodge dealer who sent it to another shop and no one can figure it out now my dealer said they have tried to talk to dodge about the problem and dodge refuses to discuss the problem with them. I love the car car its sweet looking but I can't get it fixed and my dealer wants me to trade it in. Oh yeah they also told me they have another charger doing the same thing. Bottom line is Dodge is full of a bunch of irresponsible assholes that don't care about hard working Americans that want a good looking good running vehicle. Thanks Dodge