Ok i am having some problems with my car cutting off and or sputtering i have already replaced the fuel pump twice and i think its still giving me problems. The other day it got down to about an 8th of a tank of gas and it started jerking and sputtering. Can anyone give me some tips its getting expencive

by in Lincolnton, NC on April 18, 2009
1 answer
ANSWER by on April 22, 2009
Have you checked the pressure and volume? What about the fuel filter , both the inline filter (maintenance item) and any in tank screens...... This all presumes it actually is a fuel supply issue.
I had a fuel pump replaced. Now the car runs rough and white / blue smoke emits from the exhaust. what has caused this? It ran fine without any smoke prior to failure of the fuel pump.
When first starting the car in the am or after sitting 8 or so hours the car sputters and acts as if it is starving for gas. After a couple of minutes it runs fine. It will start normally after this.
I just replaced the entire cooling system and did a small tune up including, fuel filter, air filter, oil filter, and transmission filter. and replaced the sparkpulgs and wires. well now when im dr...