1999 Jaguar XJ8L sat in garage most of winter months. I have replaced dead battery (properly) and replaced fuel pump fuse and relay. Car cranks normally but will not start. Before I arrange expensive tow to have fuel pump checked for pressure/replaced want to re-prime fuel injectors to see if that corrects problem. I was told that this can be done by removing the nipple and carefully pouring a little gas into the fuel (shrader)rail which is under hood on driver's side, but I cannot see/find any threaded nipple which would apparently indicate location of the fuel rail (and being a novice mechanic do not know what a fuel rail is supposed to look like). Does anyone have a link for an 1999 XJ8L engine diagram or can describe what I should be looking for? --- sure would appreciate any help!
Fuel (Shrader) Rails Diagram-Location? on 1999 Jaguar XJ8
This week's top 10
Recent Jaguar XJ8 Questions
- Sometimes my car says cruise control not available
- My car lis leaking coolant and motor oil leak . Should i take it to the Jaguar D
- What needs to be checked when you get an error message for a park brake fault?
- restriced profromance, indicators light, amber in color, started after adding ga
- Tested Generator, battery and cables. All Good. Why won't Battery charge
1999 Jaguar XJ8 Estimates
- AC Condenser Replacement ($818 - 1,235) in Corriganville, MD
- Valve Cover Gasket Replacement ($347 - 448) in Hollister, FL
- Oil Pan Reseal - Engine ($165 - 264) in Broad Top, PA
- Check Engine Light Diagnosis ($88 - 111) in Paguate, NM
- HVAC Blend Door Actuator Replacement ($340 - 385) in Mannford, OK
- Suspension Control Arm Replacement ($2,662 - 3,695) in Warner Robins, GA