i bought a new fuel pump for my chevy and the wires on the body are the exact same as the wires on the fuel pump and i hooked all the matching wires together and it still will not start, how do i connect the wires correctly?
fuel pump wiring on 2000 Chevrolet Silverado 1500
MOST POPULAR ANSWER by Jim Taddei ,
January 29, 2011
If you matched the wire color AND wire size, that should be correct. Did your 2000 Chevrolet Silverado run before you replaced the fuel pump? If not perhaps the fuel pump was not the problem.
Verified for the Chevrolet Silverado 150032 reports
1 answerApril 02, 2015
Our Chevy Silverado won't start. Started after we change out the Spark plug Wires. Already change out distributor cap, rotor,fuel pump cleaned out the filter near the fuel pump,rechecked if the wires where pushed in,control module,ignition coil change.
1 answerJanuary 02, 2015
1 answerAugust 16, 2014
2 answersSeptember 25, 2014
- 2000 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Repair and Maintenance
- 2000 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Maintenance Schedule
- 2000 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Problems(34)
- 2000 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Repair Estimates
- 2000 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Q&A(238)
- 2000 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Recalls(9)
- 2000 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Shops
- 2000 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Reviews(3)
This week's top 10
Recent Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Questions
- 2006 Chevy Silverado. Starts fine. After a few minutes, lifter knocks.
- i left my key on when i changed battery, truck turns over but no spark
- My tail brake lights don't work but the one on the cab does.
- Was running sluggish for a day.will not start turns over has gas in the oil
- Easily broken inside door handle = 'Escape Hazard' condition! Class action suit?
2000 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Estimates
- Head Gasket Replacement ($986 - 1,546) in Veneta, OR
- Air Pump Replacement ($425 - 543) in Rowland, NC
- Starter Replacement ($310 - 491) in Osprey, FL
- Shock Absorber Replacement - Rear ($198 - 337) in Manchester, VT
- Fuel Tank Replacement ($897 - 1,021) in Goodville, PA
- Engine Mount Replacement ($256 - 307) in Marion, MS