My 2003 2500HD 6.0L Gas engine truck died while I was driving it on Friday. It was towed to a shop and the mechanic told me it was the fuel pump and it would be $800 to replace. I bought the part myself, dropped and drained the tank and replaced the pump assembly. I put about 6 gals of gas back in it, but it will not start. I removed and emptied the in-line filter and replaced it. Still no luck. Am I missing something? What else do I need to do to get this thig started again?
Fuel pump replacement on 2003 Chevrolet Silverado 2500 HD
Verified for the Chevrolet Silverado 2500 HD15 reports
1 answerMarch 13, 2013
1 answerNovember 15, 2010
Verified for the Chevrolet Silverado 2500 HD101 reports
1 answerJune 18, 2010
- 2003 Chevrolet Silverado 2500 HD Repair and Maintenance
- 2003 Chevrolet Silverado 2500 HD Problems(21)
- 2003 Chevrolet Silverado 2500 HD Repair Estimates
- 2003 Chevrolet Silverado 2500 HD Q&A(106)
- 2003 Chevrolet Silverado 2500 HD Recalls(6)
- 2003 Chevrolet Silverado 2500 HD Shops
- 2003 Chevrolet Silverado 2500 HD Reviews(12)
This week's top 10
Recent Chevrolet Silverado 2500 HD Questions
- fuel injectors keep getting clogged how can i clean fuel system?
- code p2A01 and p0303 came on…any help please
- My truck has an eerie creepy squeal. I've changed the carrier bearing and shocks front and back.
- My trucks oil gauge just maxed out to 80.when on open road I floor the pedal and it goes to 0 then gradually moves to 80 and then fluctuates.
- Manual shift 4x4 won't engage.