My 2003 2500HD 6.0L Gas engine truck died while I was driving it on Friday. It was towed to a shop and the mechanic told me it was the fuel pump and it would be $800 to replace. I bought the part myself, dropped and drained the tank and replaced the pump assembly. I put about 6 gals of gas back in it, but it will not start. I removed and emptied the in-line filter and replaced it. Still no luck. Am I missing something? What else do I need to do to get this thig started again?
Fuel pump replacement on 2003 Chevrolet Silverado 2500 HD
Verified for the Chevrolet Silverado 2500 HD15 reports
Verified for the Chevrolet Silverado 2500 HD110 reports
1 answerMarch 13, 2013
1 answerNovember 15, 2010
1 answerJune 18, 2010
- 2003 Chevrolet Silverado 2500 HD Repair and Maintenance
- 2003 Chevrolet Silverado 2500 HD Maintenance Schedule
- 2003 Chevrolet Silverado 2500 HD Problems(23)
- 2003 Chevrolet Silverado 2500 HD Repair Estimates
- 2003 Chevrolet Silverado 2500 HD Q&A(110)
- 2003 Chevrolet Silverado 2500 HD Recalls(6)
- 2003 Chevrolet Silverado 2500 HD Shops
- 2003 Chevrolet Silverado 2500 HD Reviews(12)
This week's top 10
Recent Chevrolet Silverado 2500 HD Questions
- Why do the P,R,D symbols blink on my truck? Check engine light came on also..
- Sometimes a po300 cold hot doesn't matter. Restart after few minutes and clears
- New aftermarket towing mirrors. How do i make in-mirror signals work?
- how do I replace the ignition switch cylinder?
- Reverse is slipping bad is there anything I can do or do I need to take it to
2003 Chevrolet Silverado 2500 HD Estimates
- Radiator Fan Motor Replacement ($143 - 387) in Copper Hill, VA
- Fuel Filter Change ($115 - 168) in Petaluma, CA
- Radiator Fan Assembly Replacement ($197 - 427) in Ryan, IA
- Cabin Air Filter Replacement ($96 - 118) in Gillett Grove, IA
- HVAC Blend Door Actuator Replacement ($121 - 143) in Blythewood, SC
- Emergency Brake Cable Replacement ($94 - 107) in Monkton, VT