2000 Ford E-250 Q&A

2000 Ford E-250 Question: fuel pump problems

2000 for E 250 van wouldn't start after 30 minutes or so it started did that several time over a few month. Then one day it wouldn't start at all. shop said it was a fuel pump replaced it was fine for a couple weeks then started all over again took it back in they replaced the pump again. fine for a few days then did it again. I notice prior to not starting it seems to run bad, shudders or misses at certain speeds like a fouled plug then sometime the next time I try to start it or several starts later it won't start. I notice when it dosen't start I don't hear the fuel pump humming when i turn on the ignition. then I'll try it several times then it humms again and it starts. -
I bet there is debris in the tank that is causing the pump to fail. Ask the shop if they flushed the tank. Roy -
Comment 1
I'll bet they didn't. But that wouldn't make the pump not hum. -
Comment 2
when it hums, it is working. when the dirt gets in the pump, it seizes and will not run, thus no humming. Roy -
Just bought it. Has been sitting for about 4 years,owner had replaced Push rods,fuel filter.. Van was completely out of gas.bone dry. Could it be injecters clogged? What's easiest way to clean them...
I took off belt and everything turned freely except the air pump pulley. Van restarted w/o belt but then battery died because the alternator wasn't being turned and electric fuel pump was failing a...
I have replaced the maf the oxygen sender on bank 2 and the down stream and the coil pack for cylinder 6