2000 for E 250 van wouldn't start after 30 minutes or so it started did that several time over a few month. Then one day it wouldn't start at all. shop said it was a fuel pump replaced it was fine for a couple weeks then started all over again took it back in they replaced the pump again. fine for a few days then did it again. I notice prior to not starting it seems to run bad, shudders or misses at certain speeds like a fouled plug then sometime the next time I try to start it or several starts later it won't start. I notice when it dosen't start I don't hear the fuel pump humming when i turn on the ignition. then I'll try it several times then it humms again and it starts.
fuel pump problems on 2000 Ford E-250
1 answer 2 comments
ANSWER by user91328 ,
March 23, 2011
I bet there is debris in the tank that is causing the pump to fail. Ask the shop if they flushed the tank.
COMMENT by Visitor ,
March 23, 2011
I'll bet they didn't. But that wouldn't make the pump not hum.
1 answerMarch 15, 2015
Verified for the Ford E-25010 reports
2 answersDecember 03, 2014
1 answerMarch 02, 2011
4 answersNovember 28, 2010
This week's top 10
2000 Ford E-250 Estimates
- 25,000 Mile Service ($54 - 96) in Holy Cross, AK
- PCV Valve Replacement ($34 - 46) in Brooker, FL
- Fuel Injector Replacement ($237 - 354) in Middlefield, CT
- Heater Core Replacement ($265 - 363) in Center, MO
- Fuel Level Sending Unit Replacement ($586 - 788) in Sheridan Lake, CO
- Brake Light Switch Replacement ($50 - 71) in Milledgeville, GA