2000 for E 250 van wouldn't start after 30 minutes or so it started did that several time over a few month. Then one day it wouldn't start at all. shop said it was a fuel pump replaced it was fine for a couple weeks then started all over again took it back in they replaced the pump again. fine for a few days then did it again. I notice prior to not starting it seems to run bad, shudders or misses at certain speeds like a fouled plug then sometime the next time I try to start it or several starts later it won't start. I notice when it dosen't start I don't hear the fuel pump humming when i turn on the ignition. then I'll try it several times then it humms again and it starts.
fuel pump problems on 2000 Ford E-250
Asked by for the 2000 Ford E-250
MOST POPULAR ANSWER by user91328 ,
March 23, 2011
I bet there is debris in the tank that is causing the pump to fail. Ask the shop if they flushed the tank.
COMMENT by Visitor ,
March 23, 2011
I'll bet they didn't. But that wouldn't make the pump not hum.
1 answerMarch 15, 2015
2 answersDecember 03, 2014
Verified for the Ford E-25011 reports
1 answerMarch 02, 2011
4 answersNovember 28, 2010
This week's top 10
2000 Ford E-250 Estimates
- Tie Rod End Replacement - Inner ($472 - $797) in Holy Cross, AK
- Ball Joint Replacement - Upper ($426 - $556) in Brooker, FL
- Ignition Coil Replacement ($153 - $185) in Middlefield, CT
- Differential Fluid Replacement - Rear ($102 - $161) in Center, MO
- Air Conditioning System Leak Inspection ($52 - $67) in Sheridan Lake, CO
- Suspension Coil Spring Replacement ($289 - $769) in Milledgeville, GA