Fuel pump problem on 1992 Ford F-250

My fuel pumps I keep putting in my truck in the rear tank are going bad. I have tried motorcraft and airtex fuel pumps, but same problem. Any idea why these pumps are going bad?

by in Cozad, NE on January 11, 2011
3 answers
ANSWER by on January 11, 2011
dirt and debris are the most common reasons for failure. remove the tank and have it completely cleaned out. Roy
ANSWER by on January 11, 2011
Are you sure the pumps are bad? If not you might try powering one up out of the truck. Some times fuel pump relays heat up and work intermittantly.
ANSWER by on January 11, 2011
Check your wiring harnesses also. They are known for issues, and even had a TSB for harness pigtail replacement on similar models. Look for damaged connectors and corroded terminals.
I have 2 tanks. Recently had trouble starting the truck...think it is the fuel pump...
The fuel pump went out on the truck and now I have fuel once again and the truck will run but when I try to accelerate (even in park) it falls straight on it's face. now if I unhook vacuum on map s...
...l and my truck will not start. My rear tank works fine. Is there a selector switch proble or a fuel pump problem?
drained tanks added 10 gal fuel and can of seafoam. tuning up this weekend when paid. doesnt like to upshift w/o help from accel pedal.seems to run very rich and rough like a miss until rpm pickup....
not gitting fuel,fuel pump works and enurse switch works