1992 Ford F-250 Q&A

1992 Ford F-250 Question: Fuel pump problem

My fuel pumps I keep putting in my truck in the rear tank are going bad. I have tried motorcraft and airtex fuel pumps, but same problem. Any idea why these pumps are going bad? -
dirt and debris are the most common reasons for failure. remove the tank and have it completely cleaned out. Roy -
Are you sure the pumps are bad? If not you might try powering one up out of the truck. Some times fuel pump relays heat up and work intermittantly. -
Check your wiring harnesses also. They are known for issues, and even had a TSB for harness pigtail replacement on similar models. Look for damaged connectors and corroded terminals. -
I have 2 tanks. Recently had trouble starting the truck...think it is the fuel pump...
The fuel pump went out on the truck and now I have fuel once again and the truck will run but when I try to accelerate (even in park) it falls straight on it's face. now if I unhook vacuum on map s...
...l and my truck will not start. My rear tank works fine. Is there a selector switch proble or a fuel pump problem?
drained tanks added 10 gal fuel and can of seafoam. tuning up this weekend when paid. doesnt like to upshift w/o help from accel pedal.seems to run very rich and rough like a miss until rpm pickup....
not gitting fuel,fuel pump works and enurse switch works