Got new complete sending unit and both lines are hot, but when I plug it in to fuel pump its not receiving juice to the pump. Had the fuel pump checked and its good so what could be the problem? When I unplug the ground wire and put a test light to it its hot, but when I plug it back into place its not hot on either side coming to it. Can somebody please help me resolve this issue?
Fuel Pump problem on 1996 Ford Aerostar
ANSWER by lawrenceg ,
August 21, 2009
I'm looking at the wiring diagram at it shows 4 wires to the sending unit, and a solid black wire for the ground, is that where you are getting 12 volts? And the ground wire is not connected? And you have 12 volts to the pink/black wire only when trying to start the car?
1 answerJune 27, 2011
1 answerMay 16, 2011
0 answersSeptember 20, 2010
1 answerMay 05, 2011
1 answerMarch 09, 2011
This week's top 10
Recent Ford Aerostar Questions
- Brakes locking down in forward moving gear
- I have no brake lights.
- I put new starter relay n new starter n selenoid n alternator n Wont hold charge
- What would be making it backfire an it acts like its not getting gas an shaking
- Rattles and spiytrinng top speed 40mph. I changed spark plug and wires fuel ffi
1996 Ford Aerostar Estimates
- 135,000 Mile Service ($106 - 160) in Robbins, IL
- 67,500 Mile Service ($106 - 160) in Tynan, TX
- ABS Control Module Replacement ($196 - 303) in Milton, NH
- Automatic Transmission Diagnosis ($88 - 111) in Giddings, TX
- Clutch Assembly Replacement ($634 - 790) in Rescue, CA
- Exhaust Manifold Gasket Replacement ($212 - 271) in Appomattox, VA