Auto Systems and Repair: Diesel Fuel Pump
Symptoms of Wear or Failure
- Engine will crank, but fail to start
- Hesitation upon acceleration
- Engine misfires
- Overall lack of power
Related Repair Advice
- This pump supplies fuel to the Diesel injection pump. If it fails, the injection pump may also fail due to the lack of lubrication from the Diesel fuel.
- The fuel filter should always be replaced when replacing the fuel pump
- A clogged fuel filter or problems with the electrical system powering the fuel pump can result in symptoms similar to a failed fuel pump. Have the shop verify that the pump is the problem before replacing.