After changing out the fuel pump on my Sonoma, I can't seem to get it started again.
fuel pump on 1998 GMC Sonoma
ANSWER by user69083 ,
June 02, 2011
Did a lot of fuel run out of the line when it was disconnected for the pump? If so, then there's air in the line and you'll have to bleed it out at the fuel pressure test port. I'm assuming that the fuel pump is running when you're trying to start the engine. If not, check the power and ground at the pump for starters.
Verified for the GMC Sonoma33 reports
Verified for the GMC Sonoma21 reports
Verified for the GMC Sonoma16 reports
Verified for the GMC Sonoma29 reports
This week's top 10
Recent GMC Sonoma Questions
- The battery warning light on the dash comes on goes out repeatedly. What's causi
- truck dies, after battery light comes on all lights buzzers and everything works
- why does the fuel gauge show low fuel light when tank is almost full?
- New battery and fuel pump still won't start it's been sitting for about a month
- how do I replace the ignition actuator (rack kit) on 1991 gmc sonoma
1998 GMC Sonoma Estimates
- 35,000 Mile Service ($53 - 95) in Frankfort, MI
- 5,000 Mile Service ($53 - 95) in Remlap, AL
- 80,000 Mile Service ($53 - 95) in Fultonham, OH
- Water Pump Replacement ($331 - 640) in Broken Arrow, OK
- Clutch Assembly Replacement ($951 - 1,145) in Smyrna, TN
- Distributor Rotor Replacement ($80 - 100) in Rudolph, OH