1991 GMC S15 Jimmy Q&A

1991 GMC S15 Jimmy Question: fuel problems

I have a 1991 GMC S15 Jimmy with a 4.3L V6; I have fuel pumping to the throttle body, but the injectors aren't spraying any fuel. I need to know what tells the injectors to work so I can fix the problem. -
Beleive the computer uses crank and cam signals for injector pulse. If crank sensor is dead you will have no spark. If cam signal is lost the computer will use the last known value, but can be lost if battery goes dead or is disconnected. -
Comment 1
When the Jimmy died, and I tried to restart it the battery didn't have enough juice to start it. Didn't realize the injector problem until I got it towed to the house today. So I'm probably needing a new crank sensor and battery both? -
Comment 2
I double checked info and andygrace is correct, the vehicle uses the distributor signal for cam and crank position, will need to check the signal from the distributor to the pcm. -
A 1991 4.3L does not have cam or crank sensors.It goes off the signal from the distributor sending the signal to the computer. -
i have replaced rotor,cap,wires and sparkplugs.also have new fuel injectors,map sensor throttle position sensor also the hole timing rotor.so lost please help i dont know wat to do next?i also took...
The fuel pump may fail causing the engine to stall and not restart. Our technicians recommend replacing the fuel filter every 30,000 miles to help prevent undue strain on the fuel pump.
We replaced wires and plugs already. It showed no warning b4 it died. Just didn't start back up one day.
what would i have to do to get to and replace the fuel injectors on a 4.3L V6 Vortec engine? its a model 220 throttle body injection. a detailed answer would great.
one day the truck decided not to start anymore, the engine is clearly cranking but it wont start, i changed the fuel pump and the fuel filter but the truck still does not start. if you know of any ...