fuel problems on 1991 GMC S15 Jimmy

I have a 1991 GMC S15 Jimmy with a 4.3L V6; I have fuel pumping to the throttle body, but the injectors aren't spraying any fuel. I need to know what tells the injectors to work so I can fix the problem.

by in Wolfe City, TX on November 21, 2010
2 answers 2 comments
ANSWER by on November 21, 2010
Beleive the computer uses crank and cam signals for injector pulse. If crank sensor is dead you will have no spark. If cam signal is lost the computer will use the last known value, but can be lost if battery goes dead or is disconnected.
1 person likes thisFlag inappropiate
COMMENT by on November 21, 2010
When the Jimmy died, and I tried to restart it the battery didn't have enough juice to start it. Didn't realize the injector problem until I got it towed to the house today. So I'm probably needing a new crank sensor and battery both?
COMMENT by on November 22, 2010
I double checked info and andygrace is correct, the vehicle uses the distributor signal for cam and crank position, will need to check the signal from the distributor to the pcm.
ANSWER by on November 21, 2010
A 1991 4.3L does not have cam or crank sensors.It goes off the signal from the distributor sending the signal to the computer.
1 person likes thisFlag inappropiateReply
i have replaced rotor,cap,wires and sparkplugs.also have new fuel injectors,map sensor throttle position sensor also the hole timing rotor.so lost please help i dont know wat to do next?i also took...
The fuel pump may fail causing the engine to stall and not restart. Our technicians recommend replacing the fuel filter every 30,000 miles to help prevent undue strain on the fuel pump.
We replaced wires and plugs already. It showed no warning b4 it died. Just didn't start back up one day.
The electrical contacts in the ignition switch may fail and result in erratic instrument panel gauge operation or illumination of the Check Engine Light. A failed ignition switch will require repla...