1998 Dodge Ram 1500 Q&A

1998 Dodge Ram 1500 Question: Fuel leak problem

When I turn on the engine when its been sitting and its been cold, I hear what appears to be a small motor that turns on right behind the engine. The motor appears to run at a slow pace and only runs for about a minute. The other day, fuel leaked out while this motor was running. Any idea's of what this could be? -
The only motor on a 1500 Ram is the fuel pump which is located behind the cab on top of the fuel tank. I cannot think of anything on the right side of the engine that can cause this. More information would be helpful. -
Could be a boost pump, sometimes people add a second fuel pump or a "boost pump" to maximize fuel pressure to their desired performance. Be sure that it is fuel that is leaking before you tamper with what you believe is a motor. There could also be a chance that the ACTUAL liquid in the device is mixing with gasoline too which could be a problem, most likely a mix of oil and gas. Make sure of what it is. If it is oil and gas or just oil, would seem to be a leak from your starter. -
The part is mounted in the top of the fuel tank in front of the fuel pump. What is this part?
i have a 1997 dodge 1500 4x4, my fuel pump is out. my question is.. can i hook up a 1998 fuel pump to it.. wires dont match, maybe rewire to match???
My truck randomly misfires and idles very bad and sometimes the check engine light turns on. I have changed the coil,cleaned fuel injectors,I even had the computer changed by the dealer.This has be...
i keep getting this code p0300. i have 125k on the truck i changed plugs and wires first.then i got a code p0305 i drove the truck for about an hour then the code was back to p0300. i switched coil...