2007 Ford Taurus Q&A

2007 Ford Taurus Question: Fuel Intake problem

My car will not allow me to put gas in...it spits it out as if it has a full tank...before I take it to a garage I would like any ideas -
The fuel tank/system has a vent that allows for the air in the tank to be displaced as the tank fills with fuel. It's possible this vent is plugged. The shop should check that, and also make sure they check for service bulletins from the Ford, as this may be a common problem on this vehicle. -
Comment 1
My car also has a mechanic problem, and I think its related to fuel intake too. The problem is that the car starts shaking whenever the mile/hr gauge reads 55 and it stops shaking at 65 . I can feel that the shaking comes from the engine . Can some one plz tell me how could I fix my car ? I'll appreciate that . Thanks ! -
My daughter has a 1995 Ford Taurus. She wrecked it in November and my husband rebuilt the front end. I wouldn't start if it sat in the rain all day without running, but you could put a blow dryer ...
can i remove intake hose (air)from fuel inj. system and spray carb. & throttle body cleaner into the system like you would with carb. or throttle body injection system.
When I fisrt start the car cold it will die. After a couple of tries it will stay running. This car only has 30,000 miles on it but did sit for about a year without being driven. Once it rund for a...
The code that it shows are PO171 bank 1 lean, PO174 bank 2 lean, and several diffent 300 codes that change and is not always the same cylinder. It is real bad when it is a negative tempertures out...