Fuel Intake problem on 2007 Ford Taurus

My car will not allow me to put gas in...it spits it out as if it has a full tank...before I take it to a garage I would like any ideas

by in Saranac Lake, NY on December 07, 2009
1 answer 1 comment
ANSWER by on December 07, 2009
The fuel tank/system has a vent that allows for the air in the tank to be displaced as the tank fills with fuel. It's possible this vent is plugged. The shop should check that, and also make sure they check for service bulletins from the Ford, as this may be a common problem on this vehicle.
COMMENT by on October 24, 2010
My car also has a mechanic problem, and I think its related to fuel intake too. The problem is that the car starts shaking whenever the mile/hr gauge reads 55 and it stops shaking at 65 . I can feel that the shaking comes from the engine . Can some one plz tell me how could I fix my car ? I'll appreciate that . Thanks !
can i remove intake hose (air)from fuel inj. system and spray carb. & throttle body cleaner into the system like you would with carb. or throttle body injection system.
When I fisrt start the car cold it will die. After a couple of tries it will stay running. This car only has 30,000 miles on it but did sit for about a year without being driven. Once it rund for a...
My daughter has a 1995 Ford Taurus. She wrecked it in November and my husband rebuilt the front end. I wouldn't start if it sat in the rain all day without running, but you could put a blow dryer ...
The code that it shows are PO171 bank 1 lean, PO174 bank 2 lean, and several diffent 300 codes that change and is not always the same cylinder. It is real bad when it is a negative tempertures out...
what does ford taurus tune up composed of parts and how much does the labor cost do i need fuel ejection clean up my ford has 74000 on it thanks lou